HOURS: Part Time - 9 days/ fortnight
APPLICATIONS: 2 July 2021
Eastern Palliative Care Assoc. Inc. (EPC) delivers home-based care services to the eastern region of the Greater Melbourne area. EPC is privileged to care for and accompany the dying person and their caregivers in the final phase of life, upholding their dignity and respecting their spiritual, physical, emotional, cultural, and social needs. Our care continues in the bereavement services that we offer caregivers and families.
About the role
This role is suitable for experienced, suitably qualified, social workers, psychologists or pastoral care workers only.
The Family Support Consultant-Region Wide Services (FSC-RWS), reporting to the Manager-Allied Health, will provide clinical leadership, case-load supervision and mentoring to all Allied Health Workers within the team, including but not limited to, the Music, Massage and OT Therapists, the Resource Coordinator and the ACDC-PAT Specialist Support role. The role includes the provision of discipline specific psycho-social support, spiritual and pastoral care to clients and their carers within an interdisciplinary team model. The RWS-FSC will work closely with the geographic FSC’s to ensure accurate prioritisation of clients and excellence in clients care and support.
To be successful, you will have:
• A mandatory relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work or Psychology, or a bachelor of Theology/Pastoral Care and minimum 2 Units of CPE.
• Eligibility for membership or registration to relevant professional bodies
• Previous experience of three years minimum in a leadership position that included the provision of clinical supervision is a must.
• Experience working in an allied health interdisciplinary team.
• Knowledge of current loss, grief and bereavement theory and practice
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
• Competency with common computer applications
• Previous experience in Palliative care or community health setting
• Previous experience working with issues associated with death and dying
• Experience with providing mentoring and guidance to colleagues and reports
• Competent oral and written communication skills, report writing and presentation skills
• Current Victorian driver’s license, good driving record and willingness to use own vehicle.
How to Apply
All applications must include a resume and a cover letter which includes your responses to the key result areas of the position description.
Click here to view the position description.
Applications to be sent by close of business Friday 2nd July, 2021 via email to email@example.com.
If you have any further questions please contact Peita Carroll – Manager Human Resources – 1300 130 813.